1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. How does your day go? What keeps you writing?
I do struggle a bit with getting motivated. I worked as a police dispatcher for ten years, which was very high stress, so sometimes I feel a little lonely and out of the loop drifting around my house all day alone. LOL But my goal is to get up, workout, spend an hour or two on the business of writing, then spend a few hours on writing the things I love to write, and another few writing for profit. I don’t always reach my goals, but it helps to have a plan. I really love the flexibility that being self-employed provides, and I am really good at meeting deadlines when I have them, even if it means 12 hour marathons.
2. What brought you to writing erotica? What do you love about it?
I never set out to write strictly erotica. My stories have always been spicy, but that seems to be the natural progression. I think sex is an important part of a relationship, and I don’t believe in holding back. Writing a love scene is all about the emotion behind the act, and when it’s done well, it’s amazing.
3. What are you working on now?
Right now I’m working on something I call my Victorian Batman. LOL Kind of steampunkish, very tortured hero. I love the idea of someone who fights injustice with only his intellect and gadgets!
4. What is your—or your character’s—favorite erotic book? Sexy movie? Sex toy?
My favorite erotic author is Anna Leigh Keaton. I love her stuff!
5. What’s the one thing you’ve always wanted to do? The top thing on your personal bucket list?
Travel. Definitely. I want to go to Europe, but I’m afraid to fly. So I have to get past that. LOL
6. What’s your personal romantic (or erotic) fantasy?
My fantasy is to come home to a clean house, to a dinner I didn’t make and don’t have to clean up after. Seriously, I’ve got it pretty made in the fantasy department. 🙂
You can find excerpts and links to purchase Diana’s books at www.dianabold.com. You can also find her on Facebook.